Calling All Writers: Accepting Submissions for my Ezine



I am putting together an E-zine, and I would love your help.

I've blogged about it previously (HERE), and I've talked about it pretty extensively on Twitter.

I'm not going to rehash everything I said in the first post, but I do need to say a few things. First, I will not pay for submissions. I will promote those who participate. If you submit something, I'll tweet something for you. If I accept your submission, I'll tweet even more for you. Those who help me get help in return.

What little money I do make from this will help fund my time to put together future issues. In addition, we will also have writing contests, future cash prizes coming possibly from my own pocket. Time will tell.

The task for today is getting submissions. I need any and all that you have to offer.

Do submissions need to be unique?


The short answer is NO. I am more than willing to recycle something from your blog. If you write something new and submit that, you are more than welcome to put it on your blog right now. I am not picky.

Is there a word count limit?


This is going to be a digital-only publication, so I'm not concerned with word count. If it's really long, we might decide to split it, but that shouldn't concern you during the submission process.

Is there a deadline?


The short answer is NO. However, I would like to publish this first issue before I die of heat exhaustion. #sarcasm

Assuming everything else runs smoothly, I can imagine coming out with this thing sometime in August.

SO... ASAP.

Please don't hesitate. If you have something or more than one something, fill out the form at the bottom of this post.

Why would I not accept your submission?


If the piece needs proofread, I may kick it back to you so you can improve it, letting me know when you are done.

If it falls way outside the scope of the E-Zine I may have to kindly back out. Having said that, though, the scope is pretty large. Almost anything goes. The only subjects I can think of right now I would be hesitant to publish would be things that are overly political, religious, or otherwise controversial. And with the right spin and your diction—choice of words—I might even publish something that touches on such subjects.

Will I offer editing services?


The short answer is NO. However, at least one person has offered proofreading services in exchange for promotion (which is what this project is all about), but any such service is volunteer and will not be guaranteed.

For that reason, I suggest you submit pieces that are already fairly polished, not in need of extensive reworking.

While I don't want to publish subpar stuff, my definition of quality is quite wide, so I'm not overly concerned with editing.

What if you have other questions?


If you have other questions, suggestions, comments, critiques, or anything else really, you may email me.

msl_007@live.com


You may also talk to me on Twitter.

@MasqCrew




Do you have something for me?


One final note: please do not submit purely promotional pieces such as long excerpts of your novel or blog posts that are simply book ads. I will get those things at a later date. However, if you'd like to submit an article about your novel, that will probably be fine. That could include (but not limited to) the process of writing it, what makes it different from other novels in the genre, a detailed description of your magic system, etc...