Would you like to sponsor our poetry contest?



I'm looking for an author to sponsor our little poetry contest. I've got poems. I've got judges. Now we just need to figure out where the prize money is coming from.

If it comes from me, it won't be much at all. I just recently lost my job, so I don't have many funds to spare. So, I'd like an author to sponsor the contest, awarding the prize money to the winning poet.

What does an Author get for Sponsoring?


First of all, I'll mention the sponsoring author in a thank you tweet, and this sort of tweet will exist long after the contest is done. Something along the lines of...
Thanks to @So-And-So for sponsoring our Poetry Contest. Be sure to give them a #follow.
The exact wording of my thank you tweet, which will repeat many times, can include whatever the author wants (including promotion).

Second, since the poems will be included in the first issue our my E-Zine project, the sponsoring author could potentially get exposure for as long as I push the Zine. In fact, I will promote the Zine and its contents, including the sponsor of the poetry contest, for a very long time.

The second issue of the Zine will include a reprint of the poems as well as announcing the winner, thus giving me another opportunity to mention the sponsoring author.

Third, and probably the best reason to sponsor, is I will match the prize money and give an equal amount of promotion in return. If the sponsoring author gives $15—the lowest amount I would suggest—I can do Amazon Tweets three times or a set of Amazon tweets and a Special Campaign of Tweets. (Any combination which equals the prize money amount.)

If the sponsoring author gives $25, I'll do a Video Ad for the author. See my Services Page for more details on these options.

Lastly, a sponsoring author can serve as a judge of the contest if they want. (As long as they didn't enter the contest themselves) It's not really a perk since anyone can serve as a judge, but it might add a little fun to the whole event.

If you are interested, please send me an email.

msl_007@live.com

Or you can contact me via Twitter: @MasqCrew